Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My First Entry

First of all, let me just start by writing that I am super excited to be embarking on this
new adventure. My husband and I have been trying for a few months to get pregnant. Let
me tell you a little about our family. My name is Natalie. I have a wonderful husband
named Jason and two, very spoiled, boy cats named Oliver and Dodger. I am 25 years
old and I live in Cajun Country (Louisiana). I’m a college graduate with a major in
Psychology and a minor in English. I am 15 weeks pregnant for our first baby. I’m a full-
time working mom-to-be. And when I get home, I’m a homemaker. I cook for our family,
clean, do the laundry, I’m a wife, caretaker for our cats, and somehow find time to
shower…barely. I’m only 15 weeks in and it has already been a rollercoaster of nausea,
exhaustion, excitement, and piles of parenting books. I had no idea that pregnancy
came with so many decisions, other than pink or blue. I’m learning the benefits of
breastfeeding, trying to decide on cloth or store bought diapers, and attempting to learn
to sew clothes for our future little one. I would love for all of you lovely super women
out there to join me in my adventures of motherhood. I’ll leave you with my very own
quote to sum up my week. My husband was giving me decision after decision of possible
lunch destinations. Since, I am still suffering with a little nausea I was getting sicker the
more he mentioned food. Till finally, I just had to say, “If you make me think anymore,
I’m going to throw up.” This one statement made us both laugh like crazy. That was
definitely one for the funny section of the baby book.

No comments:

Post a Comment