Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I have a 2 Month Old!

Well, it's crazy to think, but this week Elizabeth is going to be 10 weeks old. Time has flown by so quickly. She and I have had so much fun together over these last two months. She is my favorite girl in the whole world. I have been blessed with such a happy, healthy little ladybug. She has completely changed my world forever and it's the most amazing feeling to be a mother. Our days have been filled with laughter, tears of joy, sleep deprivation, and lots of hugs and kisses. I am madly in love with her. She loves her mommy very much. When someone is holding her, she constantly looks around for me, as if to say, "Mommy shouldn't YOU be holding me? YOU'RE my favorite!" I simply cannot stop kissing her and giving her big big hugs. She coos, kicks, and laughs all the time. She loves to talk to her mommy. Right now, her favorite things to do are go for strolls outside, have me pick her up in my arms and dance around with her, and she LOVES for me to read to her. She really enjoys music. She loves the sound of a piano. She enjoys the instrumental stuff. ;) Wow! I'm getting super emotional just typing this. Whew! Blurry keyboard...anyway! Words simply cannot describe how amazing it is to hold her, look into her eyes and know that we love each other unconditionally. It doesn't matter how tired I am or how stressful the day has been, when I see her...all of the crummy stuff just melts away and it hits me that those things are just transitory...not at all vital to my happiness. Nothing else is the whole world matters when I'm with her. I have never imagined that I could love someone so much. Please don't misunderstand me, I absolutely adore/love/am crazy about Jason (my husband)! But this love...it's so different from anything I have ever experienced. When Elizabeth looks into my eyes, it's like she can see into my soul and she just smiles because she knows just how crazy I am about her. When she has a tummy ache or gets a little fussy, I sing "You Are My Sunshine" and it always seems to make her feel better. It's so bizarre to think that not so long ago, I was sitting in her room in my rocking chair just admiring the room that we had set up for her. I kept imagining what she would look like, be like when she finally made her arrival. While she was in my tummy, I would become overwhelmed with love, so much so, that I would cry while rocking in her room. I'd sing "You Are My Sunshine" to her while she was in my tummy. I would play her mobile in her room while I rocked and I'd cry because I could not wait to meet the beautiful little girl that was growing in my tummy. I could never have imagined how beautiful she would be. I can remember being so upset when my due date came and went. I was frustrated because I couldn't wait to hold her and love her. It felt like I was going to be pregnant forever. I had all of this wonderful baby stuff and a beautiful room set up, but her crib was empty. She was definitely worth the wait and the weight ;) Being a mother...well to me, is the greatest gift that God has ever given me. It doesn't get any better than the smile on her face, the love in her eyes, and the fact that she's mine...my own little personal piece of heaven. Elizabeth Rose, you have changed me forever and I will always be grateful for that. You have made mommy the happiest/luckiest/most fulfilled woman in the whole world. Mommy loves you more, so much more than you've ever known -xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment