Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 30 - Craziness & a Baby Shower

I have finally reached the 30th week of this amazing pregnancy! We are going to do another sneak peek ultrasound this weekend to see what our little ladybug looks like. My assumption: she's going to be adorable and FAT! lol While I feel like the Goodyear blimp with legs, everything has been going pretty well. I am not one of those mothers that has absolutely no complaints. I just choose not to dwell on the difficulties of pregnancy because I'm too busy enjoying carrying this tiny human being around with me. I hear so many women complaining about their pregnancies and it frustrates me. Yes, my hands and feet swell a bit, I've definitely put on some baby weight, and I've been having a little trouble sleeping at night due to mild heartburn. But...she's worth every swollen finger and toe, every uncomfortable extra pound, and every hour of lost sleep. Oh and I'd like to announce that, ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a busy body! Elizabeth is constantly moving around all day, but her favorite time of day? When I'm getting into bed to go to sleep...naturally. I randomly giggle throughout the work day because of her movements, so if you see me sitting in my office laughing at nothing...no I'm not crazy! The little lovebug I have in my tummy is making me laugh. I also had my baby shower this past weekend and it was amazing! Jason and I got so many adorable and special things for her. It was surreal to be surrounded by our friends and family that we love and care about. It means so much to us to share our happiness with them. I just hope that everyone present knew how genuinely grateful we are to have them in our lives and to be apart of Miss Elizabeth Rose's life as well. My quote for this week in response to someone asking if I was hungry: "I'm pregnant...I'm ALWAYS hungry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment